Children aged 2.5 years to 4 years
In the Oasis room, educators believe it is important for children to feel safe and comfortable in their surroundings. We strive to foster a sense of belonging so that children feel confident becoming involved in experiences and the within the environment. Our program is developed to meet the many and varied needs of the children through observations and striving to meet the children emerging skills, both as individuals and as part of a group. Educators in the Oasis Room believe a partnership between carers and parents enhances the children’s overall development and well-being. Two-way communication between families and children is actively encouraged.
The environment should be “homelike”, varied and interesting. It provides consistency, safety and encourage challenges, individual interests and needs and equal opportunities to participate in all aspects of the programme.
Activities in the room include:
- Drawing to help develop fine motor skills, hand eye co-ordination and colour awareness. This is an early writing skill
- Painting to develop creativity, experimentation with shapes, size, texture and colour
- Pasting to develop creativity, imagination, hand-eye co-ordination and problem solving skills
- Home corner to promote role playing and pretend play
- Construction to encourage sharing, problem solving and fine motor skills
- Water, flour and playdough play to develop tactile awareness and initial measuring skills
- Additional weekly activities, currently Mini Maestros and EVOL sports